At TJ Signs, we are all about quality. That's why we only use the finest construction materials. You can be certain our signs are built to last.
Our aim is to provide you with the best value for money. To achieve this, we only use topquality materials that are more durable than cheaper alternatives. This is especially necessary for more arid regions, where materials are exposed to extreme temperature conditions and UV radiation. Using superior-quality materials in the long term will prevent premature ageing-ensuring you get the most from our signage before replacement is required.
Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all Goods and Services from time to time provided by Us ("TJ Signs") to the purchaser of those goods ("the Buyer").
- In the event that other terms and conditions are imported into any contractual documentation between Us and the Buyer then, unless specifically authorised in writing by Us, these Terms and Conditions of Sale shall prevail.
- Buyers are strongly recommended to place orders in writing. Orders should clearly state the Buyer's particular requirements. TJ Signs will not be responsible for errors or omissions due to oversight or to misinterpretation of the Buyer's verbal instructions.
- Quotations are only for work according to original specifications. If through the Buyer's error, or omission, work has to be redone or alterations or additions to specifications are required, then TJ Signs may make an additional charge. In the event that an order is cancelled or suspended by the Buyer, then TJ Signs may immediately require the Buyer to pay for work done to the date of cancellation or suspension.
- A quotation, unless previously withdrawn, is valid only for 30 days from the date it is given, unless otherwise specifically stated in the quotation form. Following this, a new quotation will be required for any goods or services ordered.
- TJ Signs reserves the right not to undertake any work, which in its opinion, is or may be unlawful, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Where expedited delivery is requested by the Buyer, then an extra charge may be added to the quoted price.
- The prices of goods or services supplied are as shown on TJ Signs quotation, acceptance order, invoice, or other documents. TJ Signs reserves the right to charge for delivery, in addition to the amount shown in the quotation, acceptance of order, or other document. In addition installation, vinyl and paint removal charges-which may in the first instance be an estimate based on information supplied at the time of quotation-may be adjusted to reflect the full cost incurred once these aspects have been completed.
- Permit fees, drawing and engineer's calculations, as well as other additional charges necessarily incurred to fill an order, are in addition to the quoted price. Quotations do not include the cost of primary wiring. If primary wiring is required, then a separate quote will be given for that part of the work.
- Because of the need to have a sign dimensionally balanced, TJ Signs reserves the right to make minor alterations to the size of the sign. Also, where materials are not available for any reason, TJ Signs reserves the right to substitute materials of a similar specification.
- Experimental work, preliminary sketches as well as designs and origination costs produced at the Buyer's request will constitute an order, which will be charged for, even if the job does not proceed further. Sketches and prototypes submitted on a speculative basis shall remain the property of TJ Signs, and no use of them shall be made, nor shall any idea obtained from them be used by the Buyer. Upon the Buyer making appropriate payment to TJ Signs, property in these items shall pass to the Buyer. Charges made to the Buyer for initial setting up or origination do not give the Buyer any rights to any other mediums containing such works. These shall at all times remain the property of TJ Signs, unless otherwise specifically agreed in writing.
- Quoted prices are based on the cost of materials, labour, and services as at the date of the quotation. Should there be any increase in these costs, as are necessarily incurred by TJ Signs in completing the order, then such increases may, at TJ Signs' sole discretion, be added to the quoted price, payable at the same time, and in the same manner as the balance of the quoted price.
- TJ Signs standard terms of payment are seven (7) days from date of invoice. If payment is not made on the due date, then TJ Signs may charge interest on the overdue amount calculated on a daily basis from the due date until actual payment. This interest charged shall be at a rate of 5% per calendar month, but calculated on a daily basis on the amount outstanding from time to time. The Buyer will, in addition, be liable to pay all expenses and costs (including legal costs as between solicitor and client) in relation to the recovery of any overdue amount, or of any other remedy sought by TJ Signs, whether or not such action is successful. Late payment interest shall accrue after, as well as before, judgment. Should TJ Signs' bankers dishonour a Buyer's cheque, then the Buyer agrees to pay to TJ Signs, on each and every occasion, a $40.00 administration charge.
- Progress payments may be required where work is completed over an extended period of time. After work has been in hand for one (1) month or more, a progress payment of up to 75% of the value of the work completed may be requested. Further progress payments calculated on the same basis may be required to be paid on a monthly basis, until completion of the work.
Risk and Title
- Risk in goods will pass to the Buyer immediately upon delivery. TJ Signs will not be responsible for loss or damage to goods in transit, and the Buyer is required to insure goods against loss or other risks immediately following despatch.
- Where the Buyer supplies plans, specifications, plant, goods or materials of any kind these shall be held by TJ Signs at the Buyer's risk. Whilst all care will be taken by TJ Signs, no responsibility is accepted for any damage to materials during such time, and TJ Signs reserves the right to dispose of materials if they are not collected by the Buyer within one (1) calendar month after the work is completed.
- Notwithstanding the above title in the goods will not pass to the Buyer until payment in full by the Buyer of all goods and services from time to time supplied by TJ Signs to the Buyer. TJ Signs' other rights and remedies in respect of this security interest are as specified in Clause 8 (h) hereof.
- Whilst all care and attention is undertaken by TJ Signs to deliver and/or install goods of the highest quality, and to ensure that all components (including vinyl, inks, media, paints and other materials) are purchased from reputable manufacturers, TJ Signs does not guarantee the manufacture of such items. Where any defect or alleged defect is beyond the ability of TJ Signs to control quality, TJ Signs has no liability. Any defects due to faulty workmanship must be notified within 7 days after delivery. Any such defects will, at the discretion of TJ Signs, be repaired or replaced free of charge.
- Notwithstanding any other provision herein, the total liability of TJ Signs will at all times be limited to replacing goods or materials or workmanship which are defective to the value received by TJ Signs under the relevant contract. No claim for consequential losses or damages of any kind will apply.
- The Buyer will indemnify and hold harmless TJ Signs against any losses, liabilities, costs or actions suffered or incurred as a consequence of any third party claiming that work undertaken by TJ Signs is offensive or illegal, in breach of any intellectual property right, or other right which such third party may have.
- If the Buyer is at any time in default of any of its obligations, covenants or agreements under these Terms and Conditions of Sale, then TJ Signs may, by notice in writing to the Buyer, terminate any contract.
- In such event, the Buyer shall be liable to pay for the cost of any work (including preliminary work) undertaken at that time. Such cost shall be payable as a debt due immediately upon demand.
- Applicable Law/Unenforceability
- The law applying to any contract arising between TJ Signs and the Buyer shall be the law of the Northern Territory, Australia.
- In the event that any provision contained in these Terms and Conditions, or in any other collateral agreement or document between TJ Signs and the Buyer is deemed illegal or unenforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be excluded therefrom, but only to the extent required to remedy the illegality or unenforceability, and these terms and conditions, and such collateral document shall in all other respects apply in accordance with their stated terms.
- TJ Signs is entitled at any time to assign to any other party all or any part of a debt which is owing to TJ Signs.
- TJ Signs may also assign or sub-contract any part of the work which is to be performed under any contract.
- In respect of such assignment (in either case) the assignee shall be entitled to the full rights of TJ Signs previously applying.
- TJ Signs (or any such assignee) shall be entitled to set off against any monies which may be or may be alleged to be owing to the Buyer, the amount of any debt incurred or payable by the Buyer to TJ Signs, or to such assignee.
- All rights, powers and entitlements of TJ Signs at law in respect to any contract shall remain in full force, notwithstanding any neglect, forbearance, delay, or waiver by TJ Signs in enforcing them.
- In the event that TJ Signs waives or is deemed to have waived any condition, then unless such waiver is in writing and signed by the director of TJ Signs, no such waiver shall be accepted. If accepted, such waiver shall apply only to the extent that it is specifically given, and shall not be deemed to affect any other dealing or matter between the Buyer and TJ Signs.
- Authority to Sign
- The person signing any quotation on behalf of the Buyer acknowledges that they have authority to bind the Buyer.
- In the event that, due to alleged deficiency in such authority, the Buyer is not liable then the person signing will be personally liable for payment of the debt arising.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Unless it is specifically agreed in writing to the contrary, TJ Signs retains all intellectual property rights, including copyright, patents, registered designs, or protection of confidential information in respect of any works undertaken by TJ Signs for the Buyer.
- The Buyer will at all times keep TJ Signs advised of any infringement or potential infringement by a third party of TJ Signs' intellectual property rights.
- The Buyer will also immediately advise TJ Signs of any alleged infringement by TJ Signs of a third party's intellectual property rights. The Buyer will indemnify and hold harmless TJ Signs against any losses, costs, actions or liabilities suffered or incurred as a consequence of such infringement or alleged infringement.
- Right of Variation
- TJ Signs reserves the right at any time to vary these Terms and Conditions of Sale, by notification to its customers.
- In the event of any dispute arising between TJ Signs and the Buyer, such dispute shall in the first instance be referred to mediation for resolution.
- In the event that resolution by such manner is not achieved to the satisfaction of both parties within 30 days of referral to mediation, then either party may take legal action to resolve the dispute.
- Nothing in this clause prevents TJ Signs from taking legal action to enforce payment of any debt due, nor where required to seek interlocutory or injunctive relief.
- In relation to the Privacy Act the Buyer acknowledges that:
- Personal information collected or held by TJ Signs may be held, used or disclosed for any of the following purposes: administering (whether directly or indirectly) contracts or enforcing rights under contracts, marketing goods and services from time to time (including through TJ Signs' office), ascertaining at any time the Buyer's creditworthiness, and obtaining credit reports, character references or credit statements, enabling TJ Signs to notify any credit agency of any application for credit or default on any obligation of the Buyer to TJ Signs, and enabling TJ Signs to provide such personal information to any credit agency. Also enabling TJ Signs to communicate with the Buyer for any purpose.
- Such personal information (where applicable) is collected by and will be held by TJ Signs whose address is specified in the quotation. The Buyer has the right under the Privacy Act to obtain access to, and request correction of, any personal information held by TJ Signs.
- The Buyer authorises TJ Signs at any time to obtain from any person or entity any information which TJ Signs requires to process and/or accept any application for credit.
- The Buyer authorises any person to release to TJ Signs for the purpose of establishing the Buyer's creditworthiness any personal information that person holds concerning the Buyer.
- If the Buyer fails to provide any information requested by TJ Signs in respect of any application for credit, such credit may not be provided.